Rocker: Shaped like a U. Great for float and easy control in soft or deep powder.
80-89: Good float in powder; typically still carve pretty well
Your eyes are starting to tear up, your nose is an icicle, you’re going so fast you left your buddies in the dust. When you're riding this fast you can be assured a smooth, stable ride with the Volkl RTM 84 Ski System. With the Dual XTD Transmission Sidewall your aggressive carves will be solid and exhilarating. The titanium reinforcement will give you rigidity so you're super stable at those high speeds. The stiffness is eased up a bit in the mid section of the ski to encourage lightning-fast, precise, easy turns.
- Design: All-Mountain
- Ski Dimensions: 129-84-111mm
- Turn Radius: 16.9m (size 171)
- Camber: Full Rocker
- Bindings: iPT WR 12.0 bindings included
- Full rocker profile provides tons of float in soft snow
- Stiffer tip and softer mid-body for smoother ride
- Dual XTD Transmission Sidewall reduces chatter and provides stability in any conditions
- Extended Sensor Wood Core for extreme precision and high performance
- Titanium reinforcement adds torsional rigidity for stable, damp performance when skiing fast
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
This ski system was nimble with good edge hold on all but the most granular boilerplate on the front side, but that is where my carving needs all the help it can get. Great hold with even just a dusting on top of the scraped groomers. Very quick edge to edge but forgiving in many ways. Big surprise on the back side, with very confident turning on the steeps, in the deep. Wasn't expecting that. Geometry encouraged me to ski them closer together in unstable or inconsistent pow and the manners came right back. Very impressed with the ski overall. Compares very favorably with the Atomic Alibi but that one got the nod for availability with an extra few centimeters (187 on the Alibi versus 181 in the RTM84). I'm 5'10" and 180.