Volcom Empire Shell Snowboard Pant (Men's)
The Volcom Empire Snowboard Pant looks simple and clean, but it's actually really technical. This men's pant has enough waterproofing to keep you reliably dry even in extremely snowy conditions, and it's very breathable too. The Empire is a shell pant, so you can customize the warmth based on what you layer underneath, but whether you go heavy or light with your layers, the extra breathability of the shell will help prevent sweat from sneaking up on you and making you cold. If you look closely you'll see a bunch of seams putting together a puzzle of fabric sections. These are all strategically laid to give you the most natural fit as you bend, twist, duck, and jump, making this one seriously comfortable snowboard pant.
- Fabric Rating: 15K Waterproofing / 15K Breathability
- Shell Material: 2-layer V-Science twill fabric
- Insulation: Shell only for enhanced breathability
- Fully taped seams to lock out moisture
- Zip TechÂ® jacket-to-pant interface links to Volcom jacket to seal out snow
- Reinforced "stone" butt patch for extra durability
- Mesh-lined venting to release excess heat
- Adjustable waistband for the perfect fit
- Stretch boot gaiters fit around boots to keep out snow
- Leg and back pockets hold gear
- Pass pocket conveniently holds lift ticket
- Articulated fit is slightly slim but very easy to move in
Questions and Answers
ASK A QUESTION Got questions about this product? Ask them here. Got questions about anything else? Please see our FAQ.
"i've never been snowboarding before and a bit unsure as to what size i should get. i'm 6 foot and my waist varies from a 34' to around 36/37'. would i be better off with a large or x/l? is it better off getting a bigger size so i can wear layers?"
1 Answers |
Question by mitch on 8/29/2012 - 11:08 pm
"You need to get a better measurement of your waist. These pants fit true to size so if you are a 34 get the Large, if you are a 36 or 37 get the XLarge. These pants do have an adjustable waist so that will be beneficial to you. The larger size will probably work better. If they are a little bit loose in the waist you can always adjust them to be smaller. You will only need a pair of thermals underneath these. Thermal bottoms are very thin and will not cause you to need to size up. If you have any other questions or need some advice please give us a call at 1-800-818-0946. We are always happy to help!"
Answer by Sarah (Peter Glenn Staff) on 8/30/2012 - 9:32 am