A versatile jacket with a modern look, the Spyder Sentinel Insulated Ski Jacket gives you great value. The Sentinel is insulated with a mid-weight 60g Thinsulate insulation, giving you a blast of warmth without overheating. 10K waterproofing keeps you covered in just about all kinds of weather, even surprise snow storms. The Sentinel Jacket is packed with features, including a snap-back powder skirt, stretch fabric, a helmet-compatible hood, and core ventilation.
- Fabric Rating: 10K Waterproof / 10K Breathable
- Shell Material: 100% polyester stretch twill Xt.L fabric
- Lining Material: Nylon lining with custom embossing
- Insulation: 60g Thinsulate insulation
- Length: Center back measures 29 1/4"
- Spylon™ DWR keeps water off fabric surface and resists liquid stains
- Critical seam tape prevents seepage through exposed seams
- Stretch fabric for comfort and freedom of movement
- Core Vents open to release excess heat
- Removable hood for weather protection
- Helmet-compatible hood fits over most helmets
- Attached powder skirt with snap-back feature keeps snow from coming up inside
- Adjustable cuffs fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Chamois scratch-free cloth keeps eyewear clean
- 1 chest and 2 hand pockets (all zippered) on exterior to hold gear
- Interior mesh pocket for odd-shaped items like goggles
- Interior zippered pocket for secure storage
- Hem drawcord cinches to seal out cold air
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
Fits great, looks great.
This is just what I was hoping for. I haven't skied with it yet because it's not winter but I think the mid-range warmth will be perfect for me and I can always throw another layer on under it if needed. Sharp looking jacket as well. Has all the nice Spyder features.
I usually don't review items, but I thought the previous review was a bit unfair. In fact, I nearly didn't order this coat because of its 1-star rating, but I'm glad that I took the chance. I have been an avid skier over most of my adult life, but I don't get up to the mountain much these days. I was mainly looking for something to wear around town, and this is ideal for that. If it was any warmer, it would not be as versatile. I've always skied with just a GORE-TEX shell over a fleece jacket and thermals, which is excellent for about any day at Big Sky. The insulation amount in this coat is great for typical Montana winter weather, and a person should layer up for those sub-zero days anyway. I have not tested how waterproof it would be on a deep powder day, but I wouldn't hesitate to try it. Although, on an extremely wet day I would probably upgrade to the GORE-TEX model, just because GORE-TEX has never let me down. The zippers seem to be good quality, the powder skirt is great, and the thumb holes on the sleeves are a nice touch. The last thing that I would like to mention, is how great it is that this coat is available in a size US 3XL. I am a pretty big guy anyway, but wearing a larger size makes it easier to layer too. Kudos to Spyder for that!
I had a spyder jacket that after four years was wearing out, so I ordered this ski jacket from Peter Glenn after much research. The ordering and shipping was great.The jacket I am not happy with because it is too light weight. Also, the zippers all get caught in the material when zipping up. For the price of the jacket, I expected a midweight and warmer jacket.