Spyder Monterosa Insulated Ski Jacket (Men's)
Please Note: This style is from a previous season
If you're an aggressive skier, nothing keeps you prepared like the Spyder Monterosa Insulated Ski Jacket. The entire jacket actually has a BemisÂ® anti-abrasion overlay on top of the fabric. It's clear, so you can't see it, but it will prevent scrapes from tearing up the fabric. Spyder used PrimaLoft insulation in the Monterosa Jacket, which is so lightweight you almost can't feel it. You'll know it's there though, because PrimaLoft is very warm. Spyder's OSMO fabric is very waterproof and actually extremely breathable. This keeps you warmer and more comfortable by preventing sweat from building up inside your layers.
- Fabric Rating: 20K Waterproof / 30K Breathable
- Shell Material: 360Â° stretch nylon OSMO fabric
- Lining Material: Embossed stretch polyester lining
- Insulation: 60g PrimaLoft Sport insulation
- Length: Center back measures 28"
- Spylonâ„˘ DWR causes water to bead up instead of wetting the fabric
- BemisÂ® anti-abrasion overlay resists scrapes and wear
- Fully seam taped to prevent moisture from seeping in
- Removable hood for weather protection
- Full stretch interior and exterior for freedom of movement
- Core vents open to release excess heat
- Removable powder skirt prevents snow from getting inside
- Waterproof front and pocket zippers
- 2-way front zipper for quick venting
- Adjustable cuffs fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Stretch inner cuffs with thumbholes to keep out cold air
- Two handpockets, one chest pocket, and data card pocket on the outside
- Inside zippered pocket and goggle pocket
- Hem drawcord cinches to seal out cold air
- ReccoÂ® Avalanche Rescue reflector
Questions and Answers
ASK A QUESTION Got questions about this product? Ask them here. Got questions about anything else? Please see our FAQ.
"I know this jacket will keep you very warm, but will it be too warm to use in East coast, or end-of-season (warmer) climates? I'm looking to buy a great jacket that can be used year-round, and that will last me a long time. I'm also a sucker for hi-tech features and style - that's why I always turn to Spyder."
1 Answers |
Question by JoeyV on 10/12/2012 - 12:33 pm
"If you are looking for a good all around jacket in the Spyder brand, I would suggest the Spyder Core Component 3-in-1 Ski Jacket or the Spyder Lethal 3-in-1 Ski Jacket. Both have a removable fleece liner that acts as the insulation. These jackets are a perfect year round jacket. You can also take a look at The North Face Triclimate Jackets as well. "
Answer by Jaime (Peter Glenn Staff) on 10/12/2012 - 1:20 pm
"Hello, I was wondering if this Jacket is thicker/heavier than the other ones, than the Alps for example? "
1 Answers |
Question by mberlanga on 3/27/2013 - 10:36 pm
"Both this jacket and the Spyder Alps have the same level on insulation (60g PrimaLoft Sport insulation) so they are actually the same in terms of heaviness or warmth. You can see that we have also rated them equally with a 6/10 for warmth. "
Answer by Martha (Peter Glenn Staff) on 3/28/2013 - 11:38 am
"How does the 60g weight of Primaloft compare to a heavier weight of Thinsulate or Polartec for warmth?"
1 Answers |
Question by Gee on 4/17/2013 - 9:34 pm
"Primaloft is going to be warmer than any other insulation. 60g of Primaloft would equal about 80g in any other insulation. "
Answer by Ashley (Peter Glenn Staff) on 4/18/2013 - 8:53 am