Please Note: This style is from a previous season
The Spyder Leader Insulated Ski Jacket is one of the best-selling men's ski jackets around. This coat has aggressive styling and technical prowess that's super reliable. If you want to be able to ski in any conditions, the Leader Jacket's 20K waterproof fabric will keep you dry. Thinsulate Extra Warmth insulation provides even more warmth while maintaining that light and low-profile feel that Thinsulate is know for. Waterproof chest and hand pockets keep important gear dry, and internal pockets hold loads of gear. The Leader Jacket also has one of Spyder's coolest features. There's actually an anti-abrasion overlay on the fabric that protects against scuffs and scrapes. It keeps your jacket looking new even after a tight run in the trees.
- Fabric Rating: 20K Waterproof / 20K Breathable
- Shell Material: Stretch polyester with Xt.L laminate
- Lining Material: Nylon taffeta lining
- Insulation: 100g body / 80g sleeve Thinsulate Extra Warmth insulation
- Length: Center back measures 29"
- Thinsulate Extra Warmth insulation has extra loft for more warmth
- Spylon™ DWR repels water and liquid stains
- Removable adjustable hood for weather protection
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping inside
- Anti-abrasion overlay for durability
- Waterproof main zipper to prevent seepage
- Waterproof hand pocket zippers keep contents dry
- 2 zippered hand pockets keep fingers warm
- Zippered chest pocket holds gear
- Zippered data card pocket on sleeve holds lift pass
- Back zippered pocket is great place for trail map
- Internal zippered pocket and goggle pocket for secure storage
- Underarm vents open to release excess heat
- Removable powder skirt keeps snow from getting up inside
- Velcro adjustable cuffs fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Stretch inner thumbhole wrist cuffs keep out cold air
- Hem drawcord cinches to seal out cold air
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
We bought the Spyder Leader Jacket and the Spyder chambers jacket. While both are quality coats, we kept the Leader because it had a better fit in the shoulders - more room for movement - and the coat wasn't as stiff as the Chamber. Not all people like the wrist gaiters so we will have it cut out and re-sewn. Had to order a second Leader coat to see if that zipper was as hard to get started as the first one. The second one was much easier to get started so we kept the second one.
Great ski jacket, it's a good fit, runs true to size.
I am 5'8''; 160 lbs. 33 waist, size medium is a good fit along with the Dare Athletic Fit pants.The arm length is perfect, longer than most medium jackets, and you have plenty of movement to reach for turns. There are stretch cuffs with thumb holes help keep out the cold. The front chest pocket is easy to get to when needed. No need for the powder skirt, so it stayed snapped in the jacket and out of the way. Plenty of pockets for gear and back pocket is great for that extra storage. This is a warm coat, skiing in 30 degree weather with one layer and a neck gaiter is all that is needed. When it warms up simply open the arm vents, lower the front zipper and allow yourself to cool down. On our last day of skiing the temps moved to mid 40's so I easily removed the hood. The jacket did get warm when the temps increased and the sun come out but the venting allows you to cool down on the lift ride back to the top. And when the wind picked back up at the top, zip everything back up to stay warm. However, the front zipper was a little hard to zip at first, but with use got easier. Seat area is a little tight, but once you get going not noticeable as the fabric moves and stretches as you move. Not an issue at all when getting on or off the lift.
This ski jacket is extremely thoughtful, functional as well as stylish.
It's fly, stylish and will keep you dry. Pair it with a flat black Osbe helmet and get bugged in the lift lines. Best of all, it stretches all directions for freedom of movement. And wont get hung up going around the bullwheel because of some lame strap hanging around. Is it worth all that cash? Depends on your desire to be warm, flexible and stylish.