Relaxed: Also known as "regular," these garments fit just right, not too baggy or not too slim.
8 - 10: Great for heavy snow, offers total protection, good for prolonged periods in wet or heavy snow.
5 - 7: Great for temperatures 15°-30°F.
Kids love the Spyder Boys' Challenger Ski Jacket. The Challenger is so popular thanks to its web and half bug design. More than just a pretty face, the Challenger Jacket is also a powder-hungry performer. Warm Thinsulate insulation keeps him cozy without being bulky or uncomfortable. 10K waterproof fabric provides reliable protection against moisture. Spyder included multiple pockets so he has plenty of space for all his snacks and gear.
- Fabric Rating: 10K Waterproof / 10K Breathable
- Shell Material: 100% polyester stretch twill Xt.L fabric
- Lining Material: Nylon taffeta
- Insulation: 140g Thinsulate insulation
- Custom web graphic at side and arm
- Spylon™ DWR keeps water off fabric surface and resists liquid stains
- Critical seam tape prevents seepage through exposed seams
- Stretch fabric for comfort and freedom of movement
- Removable hood for weather protection
- Fleece lined collar feels soft against skin
- Attached powder skirt with snap-back feature keeps snow from coming up inside
- Adjustable cuffs fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Inner thumbhole stretch wrist gaiters keep cold air out of sleeves
- Chamois scratch-free cloth keeps eyewear clean
- 1 zippered chest and 2 zippered hand pockets on exterior to hold gear
- Data card pocket holds electronic lift tickets
- Interior mesh pocket for odd-shaped items like goggles
- Hem drawcord cinches to seal out cold air
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
This Spyder ski jacket is a really well-made jacket for your child! The insulation is solid and the pockets are useful. Sizing seems to run a bit small. My son is normally a size 9/10 but I went for the size 12 and it's fitting quite perfect. Luckily, there is the expansion system for us to grow into. Highly recommend.
The sizing seems to run small on this style coat. My son is a short, average built 11-yr old and I had to get him a size 16 to give him a little to grow into it. He is very impressed with the Spyder style, comfort and really cool gaitor sleeves. I'm sure this will prove great when he's finally able to hit the hills on his snowboard.