Spyder Challenger Ski Jacket (Boys')
- Fit: RelaxedxFitChoose the right fit!
Slim: These garments fit close through the body or legs for a sleek, sexy, or athletic look.
Relaxed: Also known as "regular," these garments fit just right, not too baggy or not too slim.
Loose: Also known as baggy, loose-fitting garments allow for ultra-free body movement.
- Warmth: 6/10xWarmthOur warmth rating comes from a combination of the insulation type and thickness or weight of the insulation, and how this combined with the garment design affects heat loss and your overall warmth.
Items with higher ratings will be warmer, and will offer you more protection in colder temperatures.
- Waterproofing: 8/10xWaterproofingOur waterproof rating is based on the fabric's waterproof rating, and how well the overall construction prevents water seepage.
Items with lower ratings are water-repellent, and good for light-snow conditions. Items with higher ratings will be more waterproof, and can protect you in wetter conditions.
The Spyder Challenger Ski Jacket tops the charts every year. It's reliably warm, packed with pockets, and more waterproof than many other kids' coats. Since kids tend to stay out and ski through the blizzard, Spyder made the Challenger with 10K fabric and taped seams. This coat is well-insulated too. The insulation is on the warmer side, but it's low-profile so that it's not bulky or uncomfortable. Boys love pockets, and the Spyder Challenger has plenty. There are two on the outside waist, one on the chest, and multiple inside. He can pack all of his gear, plenty of snacks, and even a cell phone or radio.
- Fabric Rating: 10K Waterproof / 10K Breathable
- Shell Material: Polyester Xt.L fabric
- Lining Material: Nylon taffeta
- Insulation: 140g ThermaWeb insulation
- Length: Center back measures 23.5"
- Spylonâ„˘ DWR makes water bead up instead of wetting the fabric
- Critical seam tape prevent seepage through exposed seams
- Powder skirt keeps snow out of jacket
- Removable hood to keep his head dry
- Adjustable cuffs fit with gloves to keep out snow
- Zippered hand pockets and chest pocket hold gear
- Multiple internal pockets for extra storage
- Glove attachment spot on sleeve to prevent lost gloves
- Data card pocket securely holds ski pass
- Hem drawcord cinches to keep out snow
- Microfiber inner collar feels soft against skin
Questions and Answers
Got questions about this product? Ask them here. Got questions about anything else? Please see our FAQ.
"Can you tell me what if there is any design on the back of this jacket and if so - how big is it?"
1 Answers |
Question by Marie on 2/16/2013 - 12:57 pm
"There is no design on the back. There is simply a small Spyder logo about 2" in length. "
Answer by Martha (Peter Glenn Staff) on 2/18/2013 - 11:59 am
"What is the sleeve length of the size 18 and the size 20? My son is currently in a 16 in Spyder and the sleeve length just fits him now. He is 5'3" and about 105 lbs."
1 Answers |
Question by Marie on 2/16/2013 - 1:08 pm
"The sleeve length on size 18 is approx 19.5"; not much difference on the size 20 (20" in length)."
Answer by Martha (Peter Glenn Staff) on 2/18/2013 - 12:03 pm
There are no reviews yet for this product.