Spyder Alps Insulated Ski Jacket (Men's)
Please Note: This style is from a previous season
The Spyder Alps Insulated Ski Jacket has a slightly shorter fit and more aggressive styling than the other jackets in the Legend Collection. This Spyder jacket is about as waterproof as they come, and even more breathable so you can ski hard through any type of weather. PrimaLoft Sport insulation provides that blast of heat, but it's so lightweight it doesn't feel bulky at all. Spyder went the extra mile by making every part of the Alps Jacket stretchable. It's so comfortable and easy to move in you'll be blown away every time you go out.
- Fabric Rating: 20K Waterproof / 30K Breathable
- Shell Material: 360Â° stretch nylon OSMO fabric
- Lining Material: Embossed stretch polyester lining
- Insulation: 60g PrimaLoft Sport insulation
- Length: Center back measures 27"
- Spylonâ„˘ DWR causes water to bead up instead of wetting the fabric
- BemisÂ® anti-abrasion overlay resists scrapes and wear
- Fully seam taped to prevent moisture from seeping in
- Stretch panels at side waist for extra mobility
- Removable hood for weather protection
- Full stretch interior and exterior for freedom of movement
- Core vents open to release excess heat
- Removable powder skirt prevents snow from getting inside
- Waterproof front and pocket zippers
- 2-way front zipper for quick venting
- Adjustable cuffs fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Stretch inner cuffs with thumbholes to keep out cold air
- Two handpockets, one chest pocket, and data card pocket on the outside
- Inside zippered pocket and goggle pocket
- Hem drawcord cinches to seal out cold air
Questions and Answers
ASK A QUESTION Got questions about this product? Ask them here. Got questions about anything else? Please see our FAQ.
"I have a Spyder Alta jacket that I've been skiing for a few years now and I'm thinking of buying something newer. Question: Is this jacket somewhat the same as in fitting wise?"
1 Answers |
Question by Bobby on 11/4/2012 - 6:20 pm
"They will have the same fit to them. There is a higher quality insulation in this jacket so you do not need as much insulation to keep you just as warm as the other jacket. That will make this jacket less bulky and give you more space to move around. A definite plus! "
Answer by Sarah (Peter Glenn Staff) on 11/7/2012 - 1:42 pm
"I had the Spyder Zermatt that mysteriously disappeared. A GREAT jacket. How does the Alps compare?"
1 Answers |
Question by Joe on 12/26/2012 - 10:17 pm
"Spyder has made some significant improvements since 2009. This jacket is definitely a contender with the Zermatt. The waterproofing is going to be the same, the fabric is actually going to be stretchier and more comfortable, and they use a higher quality insulation in this jacket. The insulation is warmer so they do not need to use as much of it, making this jacket less bulky, so you can move around without being constricted. It looks like you've picked a winner!"
Answer by Sarah (Peter Glenn Staff) on 12/27/2012 - 9:29 am
"Hi, just wondering about helmet compatibility with the hood , it doesn't look like it adjusts much on the pics ? will it comfortably fit over a helmet? thanks "
1 Answers |
Question by Roger on 3/4/2013 - 10:10 pm
"This jacket is helmet compatible. It is also removable so if you do not feel like wearing, you don't have to!"
Answer by Sarah (Peter Glenn Staff) on 3/6/2013 - 9:21 am