8 - 10: Great for heavy snow, offers total protection, good for prolonged periods in wet or heavy snow.
Relaxed: Also known as "regular," these garments fit just right, not too baggy or not too slim.
5 - 7: Great for temperatures 15°-30°F.
The Obermeyer Volt Ski Pant has the benefits of both bibs and pants. It has a high front that keeps snow and cold air from getting up inside his coat. You can detach the removable suspenders if he doesn't like them, and there's a deep zipper up the front that makes on and off easy. The Volt Pants are extremely waterproof, so he can play in the snow without holding back. 80g insulation ensures that cold chairlifts won't give him the chills. The best part is probably that the Volt Pants will fit for several seasons. The cuffs can be easily let down by 2 inches, and the suspenders are adjustable to allow more room.
- Fabric Rating: 10K Waterproof / 10K Breathable
- Shell Material: 100% polyester StormTech fabric with HydroBlock X waterproofing
- Lining Material: 100% nylon lining
- Insulation: 80g Needlepunch insulation
- I-Grow extendable cuffs lengthen by 2" to accommodate growth spurts
- DuroGuard DWR keeps water off fabric surface and resists liquid stains
- Critical seam tape prevents moisture from seeping through exposed seams
- Removable adjustable suspenders
- Higher front acts as windguard to keep out cold air
- Adjustable waist for the perfect fit
- Reinforced inseam, seat, and knees for durability
- Heavy duty YKK zippers won't break
- Boot gaiters fit around boots to keep out snow
- Scuff guards prevent fraying at the cuffs
- Thigh pocket for holding snacks and gear
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
My son really enjoyed skiing in these pants. It was spring skiing in CO so we didn't test them during the midwest polar vortex, but they were very comfortable and adjustable. The bright color made him easy to see. I am returning them for a different color, however, b/c the lime green fabric snags and pills exceedingly easily making it look ragged and old. The pilling appeared almost immediately in random places under the jacket, between the legs, and near any velcro on the pants. The fabric also snags and thread tags appeared. This is not a shiny nylon but a softer, looser weave. Pretty, but it doesn't hold up very well all things considered. Based on customer service, I'm not the only one with this issue. CS was very helpful and gracious and are allowing me to exchange them for the red, which I have been told appears to be a different fabric and a tighter weave. I love that Obermeyer has I-Grow extendable cuffs.
We went skiing in the rain and my son stayed dry in these pants! Size runs slightly large.
Great product. Adjustable will fit for 2yrs of use. Very stylish.