Relaxed: Also known as "regular," these garments fit just right, not too baggy or not too slim.
8 - 10: Great for heavy snow, offers total protection, good for prolonged periods in wet or heavy snow.
5 - 7: Great for temperatures 15°-30°F.
The longer length and relaxed fit of the Obermeyer Oxnard Jacket make it an excellent freeride ski jacket. It's technical prowess doesn't hurt either. This men's coat is 20K waterproof so you can count on staying dry even when it's snowing hard. The fabric stretches, allowing you to ski even the sketchiest lines without restriction. The Oxnard Jacket has a Dri-Core lining that manages moisture and enhances breathability. Combine that with core vents are you can forget about getting sweaty. This jacket also has the pocket array you need to carry all your necessary gear.
- Fabric Rating: 20K Waterproof / 20K Breathable
- Shell Material: 100% polyester Genesis stretch fabric with HydroBlock X waterproofing
- Lining Material: 100% nylon Dri-Core taffeta fabric
- Insulation: 40g body and sleeve/ 20g hood Thinsulate insulation
- Length: Center front measures 27 3/4" / Center back measures 32 1/5"
- Stretch fabric for freedom of movement
- DuroGuard DWR keeps water off fabric surface and resists liquid stains
- Critical seam tape prevents seepage through exposed seams
- Control Zone Vents open to release excess heat
- Dri-Core breathable lining keeps you warm by keeping you dry
- Hem drawcord cinches to seal out cold air
- Fleece lined collar feels soft against skin
- Stretch lycra wrist gaiters with thumbholes keep out cold air
- Interior goggle, cell phone, and electronics pockets
- 2 zippered chest pockets and 1 sleeve pocket on exterior
- Tricot lined hand pockets keep fingers warm
- Adjustable cuffs fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Water-resistant YKK AquaGuard zippers
- Removable hood for weather protection
- Powder skirt keeps snow from getting up inside
- Articulated sleeves for natural fit and movement
- Snap-to-Pant compatible for completely sealing out snow
- RECCO Avalanche Rescue System reflector
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
This Obermeyer ski jacket is hi-tech all around! I am impressed. The only negative thing is the small pockets, but I like to carry gear. I have not field tested this jacket yet, but it is a great fit for a tall guy.
I did not like the style on this Obermeyer jacket, the zipper was not covered, so I decided to return it.
I would have given this a 5/5 had I been able to check its function during
the winter/ski season. But the Christmas in July event crushed that
option. I am 6'9'' (46 chest) and this XL Tall jacket fits amazingly well. The sleeve length is terrific. I wonder if anyone with less than a 38" sleeve
length would like the extra length. Body length of the jacket is amazing-
perfect. Pit zips seem small (short) but at least they don't cause
"bunching" in the arm-pit area. The snow-skirt will help keep the breeze out.
The Obermeyer jacket seems to be a tad light in insulation, but as a skier, I
suspect the activity and layering will compensate AND the lighter weight of
the jacket will extend its use (early and late season). I'm not saying its
"un"-insulated. It just seems lighter than my previous (alternate
manufacturer) jacket. I'm excited to try this out this season. I
anticipate total success.