Slim: These garments fit close through the body or legs for a sleek, sexy, or athletic look.
5 - 7: Great for moderate snow, offers plenty of versatility, good for most conditions.
8 - 10: Great for temperatures 15°F and below.
The Obermeyer Leighton is an insulated ski jacket that performs on the slopes, and stands out off of them. This fashionable women's coat crosses over into apres-ski with ease thanks to its metal hardware, shiny fabric, and decorative seams. The Leighton Jacket is plenty waterproof and very warm. FiberDown insulation packs in the heat without being bulky. Shaped seams and quilted sides create a dramatic silhouette that's ultra feminine.
- Fabric Rating: 10K Waterproof / 10K Breathable
- Shell Material: 100% polyester satin SnowSilk fabric with HydroBlock X waterproofing
- Lining Material: 100% polyester satin lining
- Insulation: 135g body/65g sleeve FiberDown insulation
- Length: Center front measures 22" / Center back measures 26 3/4"
- DuroGuard DWR keeps water off fabric surface and resists liquid stains
- Control Zone vents open to release excess heat
- Hem drawcord cinches to seal out cold air
- Interior cell phone pocket keeps your phone accessible
- Zippered interior pocket holds snacks and gear
- Stretch wrist gaiters keep out cold air
- Tricot lined hand pockets keep fingers warm
- Chest pocket on the exterior
- Adjustable cuffs fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Fleece lined collar feels soft against skin
- Removable, down-filled hood for weather protection
- Articulated sleeves for natural fit and movement
- Durable Metaluxe YKK zippers
- Shaped seams for feminine fit
Petite sizing for this jacket is 1 1/2" shorter in the body when compared to regular length.
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
I really like this Obermeyer ski jacket. The color is awesome. I wore it for the first time skiing last weekend and it was great. I live in the Cascade Mtns. in Oregon, so the snow is wet and heavy. It usually melts when hitting your body so many times I'm soaked by noon. Not last weekend. At the end of the day, the outside of the jacket was wet, but the inside was cozy and dry. I like all the pockets and the hood that fits over my helmet for those long cold rides on the chair lift. The best part is that I was able to order a petite. I hate it when mid-thigh length coats cut into my thighs while skiing and on the chair lift! This allows me to bend my legs in comfort. The only things missing is a powder shirt and thumb-hole on the wrist gaiter. I did get snow up my back and down my wrists upon wiping out.
This ski jacket is true to size, has plenty of pockets and is nice and toasty warm. In addition, it's gorgeous. The purple color is more of a cross between hot pink and purple. I have gotten so many compliments on it. You will not need bulky baselayers with this jacket, so buy it to fit. Go by the Obermeyer guide on this website. I'm 5'5'', a 34 DD, but slim in the arms and torso. The size 8 is perfect. I am truly excited to wear this ski jacket every time I go skiing.
I have been searching for a petite ski jacket for a long time (I am barely 5'1'' and curvy.) Regular jackets are always cut too long and the narrow waist ends up being around my hips - not a good look. I found this jacket online and I LOVE IT!!! First - great functionality - Warmth, waterproof, hood fits over helmet, loads of pockets. Second - I think it looks great. Great color (purple), clean lines, and the pockets don't look bulky. Third - very comfortable.
I bought a 10 petite after trying on my friend's 8 regular obemeyer. Her size 8 (different style) fit (with the waist/hip caveat) so I was planning to order an 8 petite, but then I saw that this was a slim cut so I sized up. It fits perfectly and I have room underneath for a mid layer.
Thank you, Obermeyer, for making something great for us short ladies!!!!