Obermeyer's Icon Ski Jacket for boys has all the features you'd see in an adult jacket. There's a powder skirt for riding in deep snow, wind and snowguards to keep out wind-driven snow, and an adjustable hood, cuffs, and hem to block out cold air. Of course, the Icon Jacket is warmly insulated and waterproof so you don't have to worry about inclement weather. Obermeyer also included Control Zone Ventilation zippers that keep him from becoming overheated by allowing him to choose when to open or close them.
- Fabric Rating: 5K Waterproof / 5K Breathable
- Shell Material: 55% nylon / 45% polyester Double Diamond HydroBlock fabric
- Lining Material: 100% nylon embossed taffeta fabric
- Insulation: 160g body/ 140g sleeve/ 60g hood Permaloft insulation
- Length: Center front measures 20.25" / Center back measures 25"
- Adjustable hood draws closer to keep head dry
- Hood is removable for convenience
- Hem drawcord cinches to seal out cold air
- Powder skirt keeps snow out of jacket
- Control Zone Vents open to release excess heat
- Adjustable sleeve cuffs to fit around gloves
- Scratch-free goggle/sunglass cloth to keep lenses clean
- Fleece inside collar feels soft against skin
- Critical seam tape prevents seepage through exposed seams
- Articulated construction for great freedom to move
- Inside electronics pocket keeps gear secure
- Inside goggle pocket for easy access
- Exterior chest pocket for extra storage
- D-ring for attaching ski pass
- Stretch inner cuffs keep snow out of sleeves
- Tricot-lined handwarmer pockets keep fingers snug
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
I bought this Jacket for my son because he was in need of a new ski jacket. It is a great jacket and really nice quality...my only complaint is that it seems to run a little bit small. We bought him a size 16 (he currently wears a 14) and it seems to be a perfect fit so he will only be able to get one ski season out of it. Since it was a great deal, I am not too concerned about it, but would have liked it if he would be able to wear it a little longer. Overall, a really nice jacket.
My son's initial reaction when I unpacked the jacket was not positive. We felt that the online color looked darker/more masculine. My son was concerned that the jacket was a "girls" jacket. Nevertheless, we kept it and he seems satisfied; it is a great jacket. If I had seen the jacket in person, however, I would likely have rejected it due to color.
This is a fantastic coat and my 9yr old loves it. Size 10 fits him perfectly and he is thrilled with all the pockets. We had 15 degree temps this week and it kept him very warm! Great purchase- couldn't be happier!