The Obermeyer Athena Ski Pant is one of the most flattering ski pants out there. Few others fit this well and look this good. The secret behind the magic? Obermeyer used stretch material and gave it a slim, feminine cut. Since the fabric stretches, you still have plenty of room to move comfortable while you ski. The Athena Pant is definitely waterproof, so you can sit on a frozen ski lift or wet bench. It's lined in warm Chamois fleece to keep you warm in cold weather.
- Fabric Rating: 10K Waterproof / 8K Breathable
- Shell Material: 100% nylon Vector Stretch fabric
- Lining Material: 100% polyester Chamois fleece lining
- Insulation: Chamois fleece
- Fit: Slim
- Stretch fabric for freedom of movement
- Adjustable waist for the perfect fit
- Slim cut and shaped seams for feminine fit
- Higher back waist to keep out snow and cold air
- Reinforced inseam and scuffguards for durability
- Critical seam tape prevents seepage through exposed seams
- Boot gaiters fit around footwear to keep out snow
- Zippered hems open to fit around ski boots
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
This is a great looking pant that will show your curves and not look bulky. The waist is higher in the back so snow will not get in and also has adjustable tabs on the outside that will not cause those bulky bunches that the internal tabs tend to cause. This pant is not super tight at the thighs and is sized correctly for you to fit a heavy base layer underneath. These are not insulated, but they are 10K waterproof and 10K breathable. I was a little chilly in 20F weather with just my hot chilly pepperskins underneath, but I'm sure I would be perfectly fine with a heavier base layer. They kept me perfectly dry on a day when the lift seats were wet.
On sizing - look on the Obermeyer size chart to guide you. Do not use your regular size in whatever store you buy clothes in, as those sizes have been adjusted throughout the years to make us feel better. (I measured a 38'' hip and a 28'' waist and kept the size 10 pant. The 8 fit, but was very snug with a base layer. The pant does stretch, but I wanted to allow room for a heavier base layer. So, these are true to the Obermeyer size chart.
I am 5'4'', 120lbs, and an athletic build. My waist is quite small, but my legs and butt are a bit larger. I ended up going with a size 6. They are a little snug in the thighs, and slightly big around the waist, however, the velcro adjustments on the waist band are very helpful. The material is soft and the zippers up the back will make pulling over ski boots a breeze. The only reason these don't get 5 stars is because I wish they had belt loops.