Relaxed: Also known as "regular," these garments fit just right, not too baggy or not too slim.
8 - 10: Great for heavy snow, offers total protection, good for prolonged periods in wet or heavy snow.
1 - 4: Great for temperatures 30°F and up.
The Oakley Unification Pro GORE-TEX® Shell Snowboard Jacket is a fool-proof barrier against weather. It has GORE-TEX® Pro fabric which is relentlessly tested for waterproof performance. It's also lined in GORE Micro Grid Backing which is lighter and more breathable than traditional linings. The result is shell jacket that's blizzard-proof and sweat-proof. There are loads of pockets in the Oakley Unification Jacket so you can bring all your supplies with you into the backcountry.
- Fabric Rating: Completely waterproof / Highly breathable
- Shell Material: 100% nylon fabric
- Lining Material: GORE Micro Grid Backing
- Insulation: Shell only
- Fit: Relaxed
- GORE Micro Grid Backing is lighter and more breathable than traditional linings
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping inside
- Laser-cut waterproof zippers are extra durable
- Attached hood keeps your head dry
- Wired hood brim can be formed to stay down around your face
- Inner wrist gaiters keep out snow
- Hem drawcord cinches to seal out cold air
- Removable powder skirt keeps snow out of jacket
- Strategic vents open to release excess heat
- 2-way front zipper for quick venting
- RECCO Avalanche Rescue reflector
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I'm picky. Not only am I picky but I have extremely long arms, a mismatch of my slender torso. I wanted a shell that fit, was light, technically advanced, was part of a jacket/pant system, had snow gaiters on the wrists, a powder skirt, media pocket accessible without unzipping the main jacket zipper (it gets a bit windy on Peak 10/Imperial) and a helmet compatible hood. This was not an easy task, but the Unification Pro shell met it. What I didn't know I also wanted until I tried on a few other shells was a jacket with a snag-proof backing, so it would slide over the base layer and allow for uninhibited range of motion. Here the Oakley surpassed my expectations. Build quality is excellent, RECCO in the sleeve is (hopefully not required, but) handy, and with a pro rider like Seth Morrison (this is the new Sethmo, for those wondering) you know it's an uncompromising piece of gear.
I had been looking into the Salomon Shadow or Amont, but Laura Dempsey at Peter Glenn pointed me in the Oakley direction. If you need a special fit or have any questions on the technical aspect of winter gear (remember, there's no such thing as too cold, just the wrong gear) I'd urge you to ask Laura to point you in the right direction. She'll get you set up!
For my fellow orangutan-esque snow fans who might want more info, I wear a 15-36 dress shirt and this shell fits me like a glove in a medium. It was not always the case with other Oakley's I tried on, but it was for this jacket.
P.S. You won't believe this, but the Unification shell zips into my Salomon Cadabra 2L pant!