The North Face Verto S4K GORE-TEX® is a fully-stocked climbing boot. GORE-TEX® obviously provides the waterproof/ breathable cred, keeping your feet completely dry despite heavy snow or wet conditions. A TPU Cradle™ in the heel provides stability so you stay balanced, and there's a specific place for securely attaching crampons. A TPU shank extends that stability out over the whole foot, offering sure footing and reliable support. The footbed is a Northotic™ Pro enhanced with gel heel pads and OrthoLite® cushioning in the forefoot. Finally, the Vibram® sole is designed specifically to provide solid traction on dicey ascents.
- Average Weight: 1lb 10oz per shoe
- GORE-TEX® waterproof/ breathable membrane keeps feet completely dry
- TPU heel CRADLE™ provides stability and balance in the heel
- TPU shank extends stability and support to the rest of the foot
- Northotic™ Pro EVA footbed cushions and supports the foot
- Gel heel pads and OrthoLite® forefoot pads offer extra impact protection
- Spoiler on heel for attaching crampons
- Stainless steel hardware that doesn't rust
- Vibram® Mulaz sole designed for excellent traction
- PU body provides support and flexibility
- Smartlite® PU mudguard around the front
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I hiked this boot up Mt.Washington in March with ice spikes and was solid and warm for a non insulated boot. Last summer I hiked the Georgia Appalachian trail section with a good amount of weight and again delivered solid performance with no hot spots. Boot broke in very easily. The color scheme is great, not your same old same brown.