The North Face Makalu Insulated Ski Pant (Men's)
- Fit: RelaxedxFitChoose the right fit!
Slim: These garments fit close through the body or legs for a sleek, sexy, or athletic look.
Relaxed: Also known as "regular," these garments fit just right, not too baggy or not too slim.
Loose: Also known as baggy, loose-fitting garments allow for ultra-free body movement.
- Warmth: 8/10xWarmthOur warmth rating comes from a combination of the insulation type and thickness or weight of the insulation, and how this combined with the garment design affects heat loss and your overall warmth.
Items with higher ratings will be warmer, and will offer you more protection in colder temperatures.
- Waterproofing: 9/10xWaterproofingOur waterproof rating is based on the fabric's waterproof rating, and how well the overall construction prevents water seepage.
Items with lower ratings are water-repellent, and good for light-snow conditions. Items with higher ratings will be more waterproof, and can protect you in wetter conditions.
The North Face Makalu Ski Pant is waterproof enough that you can stay out in a blizzard, and you don't need to go running for the lodge in an April sleet storm. This pant is insulated with 133g of PrimaLoftÂ®, which makes it one of the warmest ski pants available. Full 2-way zips run up the sides of the Makalu Pant. This makes it easy to get on and off over boots, and allows for easy venting out on the hill.
- Fabric Rating: Highly waterproof / Breathable
- Shell Material: 100% nylon HyVentÂ® Alpha 2L shell
- Insulation: 133g PrimaLoftÂ® One insulation
- Seam-sealed to prevent moisture from seeping inside
- PrimaLoftÂ® insulation is warm and very lightweight
- Full-length 2-way side zips for easy venting and on/ off over boots
- KeprotecÂ® kick patch prevents cuffs from shredding
- Thigh pocket to hold gear
- Removable suspenders keep your pants in place
- Boot gaiters fit around boots to keep out snow
Questions and Answers
Got questions about this product? Ask them here. Got questions about anything else? Please see our FAQ.
"Are the suspenders removable? Are there any other pockets besides the thigh pocket? Is the waist adjustable?"
1 Answers |
Question by Ferg on 1/14/2013 - 9:39 pm
"The suspenders are removable. The thigh pocket is the only pocket this pant has. It does not have an adjustable waist. It does feature full side zips which are a really great feature to get you in and out of your gear quickly. "
Answer by Sarah (Peter Glenn Staff) on 1/15/2013 - 9:26 am
"Can these be hemmed?"
1 Answers |
Question by pete on 1/29/2013 - 1:12 pm
"Ski pants can be tricky to be hemmed. This pant would be easiest to take in at the knee."
Answer by Ashley (Peter Glenn Staff) on 1/29/2013 - 2:00 pm
"Does the boot gaiter have a button so you can take off the pants without having to remove your boot?"
1 Answers |
Question by Connor on 3/23/2013 - 6:51 pm
"No, the boot gaiter does not have that feature."
Answer by Ashley (Peter Glenn Staff) on 3/26/2013 - 11:35 am
There are no reviews yet for this product.