The North Face Makahawk Down Ski Jacket (Men's)
If you ski in bitter conditions, The North Face Makahawk Down Ski Jacket is what you need. Insulated with 700-fill down, there just isn't much else out there that will keep you as warm as this coat. The Makahawk Jacket is also highly waterproof, so heavy blizzards and wet snow won't be a problem. For the ultimate protection, The North Face used GORE WINDSTOPPERÂ® fabric. By blocking out the wind, the Makahawk Jacket ensures that you stay much warmer overall.
- Fabric Rating: Highly waterproof / Highly breathable
- Shell Material: 100% polyester 2L GORE WINDSTOPPERÂ® fabric
- Insulation: 700-fill down insulation
- Length: Center back measures 29.5"
- Wind-proof fabric blocks out cold gusts
- Fully seam-sealed to prevent moisture from seeping inside
- Powder skirt keeps snow from coming up inside
- Adjustable hem cinches to keep out cold air
- Adjustable cuffs fit with gloves to keep out snow
- Helmet-compatible hood for weather protection
- PU underarm vents open to release excess heat
- RECCOÂ® Avalanche Rescue reflector
- 2 hand, 1 chest, 1 sleeve pocket for holding gear
- Inside media pocket and utility pocket for extra storage
Questions and Answers
ASK A QUESTION Got questions about this product? Ask them here. Got questions about anything else? Please see our FAQ.
"Good evening ( or morning ) ....in comparing the The North Face Makahawk Down Ski Jacket (Men's) and Spyder Leader Insulated Ski Jacket (Men's) which in your opinion would offer the greatest warmth . Neither jacket would be used for skiing. Strictly as a winter jacket . Would be worn in Toronto ( Canada ) , so some days would be cold to bitter cold. Already have a Columbia downfilled 3 in 1 jacket but I am not particularily fond of down filled jackets Thank you very much"
1 Answers |
Question by Mario F on 10/16/2012 - 10:01 pm
"This jacket is a down jacket. So if you are not looking for a down jacket I would recommend the Spyder Leader Insulated Ski Jacket. It is very warm and it is going to keep you protected from the elements. I would say that it is similar to the warmth of a down jacket when pair with a great mid-layer."
Answer by Sarah (Peter Glenn Staff) on 10/17/2012 - 10:22 am
"How waterproof is this jacket compared to a Gore-Tex jacket?"
1 Answers |
Question by Hog on 6/2/2013 - 5:53 pm
"Nothing is comparable to the GORE-TEX membrane. This will keep you protected from wet weather but it is not GORE-TEX. "
Answer by Sarah (Peter Glenn Staff) on 6/3/2013 - 12:27 pm
"Can someone comment on the differences between this jacket and the Makalu jacket? Thank you for your help."
1 Answers |
Question by Derek on 8/23/2013 - 1:32 pm
""This is a down insulated jacket and the Makalu is not, it has PrimaLoftÂ® One insulation which is a low profile synthetic insulation. This jacket is fully seams sealed (meaning ALL seams have been sealed for maximum waterproof-ness) while the Makalu is seam sealed, but not fully. They are both waterproof, but fully seam sealing a jacket is more costly and would be one reason why this jacket is higher in price. Both jackets are highly waterproof and while they have different types of insulation, they are both very warm. ""
Answer by Martha (Peter Glenn Staff) on 8/23/2013 - 2:28 pm
There are no reviews yet for this product.