Relaxed: Also known as "regular," these garments fit just right, not too baggy or not too slim.
8 - 10: Great for heavy snow, offers total protection, good for prolonged periods in wet or heavy snow.
5 - 7: Great for temperatures 15°-30°F.
The North Face Boundary Triclimate Ski Jacket will keep you ready for anything, thanks to a clever system that includes a shell, an insulated jacket, and, when you put them together, a shell with an insulated liner. The Boundary Jacket comes equipped with a solidly waterproof shell that can be worn on its own for moisture protection when the weather is mild. The jacket also includes a super-soft, silken fleece liner jacket that can be used as an insulating layer when it’s cold or as an outer layer when it’s cool and dry. No need to shop for different layers, or worse, go without. Get everything you need in one mountain-friendly package.
- Fabric Rating: Waterproof / Breathable
- Shell Material: 70D weave nylon HyVent® fabric
- Liner Jacket: Silken fleece fabric
- Insulation: Removable fleece liner jacket
- HyVent® two-layer shell fabric that’s waterproof and breathable
- Liner is made with silken fleece for warm, soft insulation
- Fully seam sealed to lock moisture out of every seam
- Zip-in system makes it easy to access pockets inside the shell
- Detachable hood is adjustable for weather protection
- Pit zips let you open up and cool your core
- Outside and inside stormflaps on the center zip provide double the protection
- Brushed collar lining is soft against the skin
- Two hand pockets and a chest pocket
- Adjustable cuffs let you customize the fit to the conditions
- Adjustable hem lets you cinch down to seal out winter weather
- Liner jacket includes two hand pockets and elastic-bound cuffs
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I looked for a long time before I purchased this. I settled on the Boundary because it is not bulky in appearance and has the fleece removable liner that I will get a lot of use out of (I live in Arizona). We do a lot of hiking, skiing and other outdoor fun, so I needed something that I could wear in Tucson as well as in Northern Arizona. All together, this jacket is very warm, wind proof and water proof, while still appearing to be fitted and allowing for movement. The outer shell is perfect for rain and wind, the inner fleece liner is nice for cold mornings in town. Put together, it is perfect in snow and wind. My only complaint is that the outer shell is a bit stiff and noisy and the zipper is a bit difficult to get started. This is a thinner zipper than some other jackets and a little fussier. I would recommend this for sure!