Relaxed: Also known as "regular," these garments fit just right, not too baggy or not too slim.
8 - 10: Great for heavy snow, offers total protection, good for prolonged periods in wet or heavy snow.
5 - 7: Great for temperatures 15°-30°F.
If you want to buy one jacket that keeps him covered from October through April, it's The North Face Boundary Triclimate Ski Jacket. This coat comes with both the waterproof shell he'll need for skiing, and the insulator jacket he'll need for staying warm. He can wear them together or separate, but either way he'll have exactly what he needs. The North Face made the Boundary Jacket extra durable so he can do his worst without tearing it up. Each jacket is also packed with pockets so he has tons of space for gear.
- Fabric Rating: Waterproof / Breathable
- Shell Material: 100% nylon woven HyVent fabric
- Shell Lining: 100% nylon taffeta lining
- Liner Jacket: 100% polyester ripstop fabric
- Liner Insulation: 160g Heatseeker Aero insulation
- Length: Center back measures 23.5"
- Removable liner jacket included for 3 wear options in 1
- Fully seam sealed to prevent moisture from seeping in
- Removable hood to keep her head dry
- Zippered hand pockets keep fingers snug
- Outside chest pocket for extra storage
- Glove clip lets you attach gloves so they don't get lost
- Hem drawcord cinches to keep out cold air
- Powder skirt keeps snow from getting up inside
- Adjustable Velcro cuffs fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Hand pockets on liner jacket to keep fingers warm