If you're feet are begging for a break from winter's conditions but you still need protection from rugged terrain, The Merrell Saugatuck is the perfect compromise. The Saugatuck has almost all the performance features that youll find in a hiking boot, with the added benefit of letting your feet enjoy the open-air breathability of a sandal. Interior neoprene lining is the ultimate in comfort wet or dry, and virtually every surface that touches your foot including the lining, the footbed, and the mesh upper has been treated with Aegis Antimicrobial to keep you dry. Sandal Construction with Lasted Footbed.
- Waterproof Leather Upper
- Elastic Lace with Lace Lock
- Aegis Lycra Neoprene Lining for Padded Comfort
- Textured EVA Footbed Treated with Aegis Antimicrobial for Non-slip Comfort
- Breathable Aegis Antimicrobial Air Mesh Construction
- Stretch Breathable Mesh Tongue
- Protective Rubber Toe Bumper
- Compression Molded EVA Footframe for Stability and Comfort
- Nylon 6.6 Injection Molded Shank for Support
- 4mm Sole Lug Depth
- Vibram Chameleon Speed Hiker Sole/TC5+ Rubber
- Mens Weight: 1 lb. 11 ozs.
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
The Saugatucks are comfortable and a lot more supportive than the strappy types of sport sandals. They fit true-to-size and appear to be well-made. I have only two complaints: they are rather warm in hot weather, and there is an odd slight ridge near the front of the midsole. The ridge bothered me a bit at first, but now does not. The outsoles are great on land; I haven't tested them on slippery rocks in the water yet. The odor-fighting treatment appears to work. Merrell seems to make good products.By the way, I also love my Merrell Moab Mid hiking boots.