Slim: These garments fit close through the body or legs for a sleek, sexy, or athletic look.
8 - 10: Great for heavy snow, offers total protection, good for prolonged periods in wet or heavy snow.
5 - 7: Great for temperatures 15°-30°F.
Kjus set out to make the Warp Speed Insulated Ski Jacket a super-comfortable, highly-technical jacket with a unique style. There's low-profile PrimaLoft insulation through the body, and stretch Thinsulate in the sleeves. This combination offers lots of warmth with the maximum freedom of movement. The Warp Speed Jacket is definitely appropriate for aggressive skiing. It's got a 40K breathability rating to keep you cool, and a 30K waterproof rating to keep out any trace of moisture.
- Fabric Rating: 30K Waterproof / 40K Breathable
- Shell Material: 100% polyester Dermizax NX 4-way stretch fabric
- Lining Material: 88% polyester/ 12% spandex stretch lining
- Insulation: 60g PrimaLoft body / 70g Thinsulate Platinum Flex sleeves
- Low-profile with incredible range of motion
- Athletic fit is a little bit closer
- 4-way stretch fabric for freedom of movement
- AQUAGUARD YKK water-repellant zipper
- Laser-cut and welded for durability
- Two zippered waist pockets hold gear and warm fingers
- Chest pocket for extra storage
- Recco Avalanche Rescue reflector
- Left sleeve pocket for holding ski pass
- Adjustable cuffs fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Removable hood for protection from wet weather
- Ventilation zippers open to release excess heat
- Loops for attaching to Kjus pant
- Powder skirt to keep snow out of jacket
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
The kjus warp-speed is one of the best ski jackets I've ever owned. It has a great balance of warmth and size (not bulky). I wore the jacket on a four day ski trip to Stratton VT in sub-zero wind-chill conditions at the peak, and the jacket shielded me from the harsh elements. In fact, I was comfortable and the jacket maintained my normal body temperature thanks to the heat absorbing gel in the liner. The built-in hooded mask easily tucks away in a hidden compartment and is well-designed. There's mesh over the mouth that shields your face from the cold while allowing you to breathe without trapping moisture (which often freezes in poorly designed masks). I highly recommend this jacket and the reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is the cheap plastic snap-on buttons used in the waistband. The snap-on buttons are flimsy considering the price of the jacket and one of them apparently broke upon use.