Loose: Also known as baggy, loose-fitting garments allow for ultra-free body movement.
8 - 10: Great for heavy snow, offers total protection, good for prolonged periods in wet or heavy snow.
1 - 4: Great for temperatures 30°F and up.
If you ride in tough weather, the Dakine Zone Shell Snowboard Jacket is the high-performance shell you need. This jacket has a 15K waterproof rating; that's higher than average. It's also pretty breathable so excess heat doesn't accumulate and turn to sweat. Since the Zone Jacket is a shell you can wear it in all sorts of temps just by adjusting your layers underneath. There are also plenty of pockets on this shell so you can bring all your gear with you.
- Fabric Rating: 15K Waterproof / 10K Breathable
- Shell Material: Nylon twill Toray fabric
- Lining Material: Tricot, mesh, and taffeta lining
- Insulation: Shell only
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping inside
- Underarm vents open to release excess heat
- DWR causes water to bead up instead of wetting the fabric surface
- Attached hood for weather protection
- Zippered pass pocket on the sleeve for your lift ticket
- Water-resistant YKK zippers to help prevent seepage
- Drop tail is longer in the back for extra protection
- Big hand pockets and chest pocket to hold gear
- Removable powder skirt to keep out snow
- Stretch hand gaiters fit around wrist to keep out cold air
- Adjustable cuffs fit with gloves to keep out snow
- Inside goggle pocket and media pocket keeps gear organized