Burton’s ak BK Down Insulator Vest is a must-own for jetsetters and storm chasers. This vest relies on 550-fill down to give you superior warmth in a light, packable form. Stuff this in the bottom of your backpack or snowboard bag and you’ll be warm in the coldest, nastiest weather of your life.
- Fabric Rating: Water-resistant
- Shell Material: 20D ripstop fabric
- Insulation: Ultra-premium 550-fill down (80% down/20% feathers)
- Fit: ak Fit is relaxed, but not too loose
- 600mm DWR-coated for water resistance
- 20D ripstop fabric is durable to resist tearing
- Ultra-premium 550 down delivers some of the best warmth on the planet
- Fleece-lined handwarmer pockets let your fingers escape the cold
- Zippered chest pocket stores your wallet, keys, phone, etc.
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Haven' had a chance to test in colder temps yet. I imagine it will be a sweet layering piece underneath a shell.
This Burton insulator vest is super warm, and super light. It is high quality, the zipper is smooth and material is soft and comfortable throughout. I have only been riding with it three times, but it has already earned a place as a staple in cold conditions. It fits under shell jackets lovely, it feels loose and comfortable. If you wear a thermal first layer, a hoodie and this vest it is more than enough to stay warm. It also works great for street wear. My only slight compliant is the bottom cord is a little to tight (some might see this as a plus).