Relaxed: Also known as "regular," these garments fit just right, not too baggy or not too slim.
8 - 10: Great for heavy snow, offers total protection, good for prolonged periods in wet or heavy snow.
1 - 4: Great for temperatures 30°F and up.
The Burton ak 3L Freebird GORE-TEX® Shell Snowboard Jacket brings versatile construction to backcountry riders. GORE-TEX® Pro Stretch fabric provides full weather protection and can stretch with out compromising the waterproofing. This gives you loads of freedom of movement. The zippered chest pockets are sized specifically for skins. If it gets too hot on a long ascent, this lightweight jacket packs down with ease.
- Fabric Rating: Completely waterproof / Highly breathable
- Shell Material: GORE-TEX® Pro Stretch Ripstop 3-layer fabric
- Lining Material: None
- Insulation: Shell only
- Fit: ak Fit: Very articulated for free movement
- GORE-TEX® Pro Stretch Ripstop fabric protects against wind and water
- GORE-SEAM® Tiny Tape blocks leaks through seams
- DWR repels water before it can wet the fabric
- Lightweight, packable design is comfortable on the body or in the pack
- Zippered, bellowed chest pockets fit climbing skins
- YKK® water-resistant zippers eliminate leaks
- Adjustalbe attached Contour™ Hood fits comfortably and securely
- Articulated sleeves offer smooth, natural movement
- PitZips™ let the steam out
- ak Fit with Engineered Articulation for freedom of movement
- Adjustable cuff closures fit around gloves to keep out snow
- Powder skirt keeps snow from coming up inside
- Jacket-to-Pant Interface connects to Burton pants for snow-proof seal
- Pocket-access hem cinch for adjustability
- Goggle/media pocket keeps your hardware protected and accessible
- Pass pocket holds your season pass
- Pocket key clip makes sure you don’t lose your ride home
- Light reflective detailing increases low-light visibility
- Lifetime warranty against defects gives you peace of mind
Questions and Answers
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
At this price you have a coat that competes with much more expensive pieces from other brands making it a good value. There are no handwarmer pockets because this jacket is designed to be worn with a pack and therefore you wouldn't be able to access the handpockets without unstrapping. This is a logical design but might not work for everyone. I was hoping to use this jacket in more than one environment and therefore would have liked the pockets. Overall a great looking jacket and AK is the best quality with lifetime guarantee. Buy it!