EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Forget the weather, remember the moment. GORE-TEX® products provide long-lasting, comfortable weather protection you can trust from your head down to your toes. Guaranteed. Every GORE-TEX® product carries the GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY™ promise. If you are not completely satisfied with the waterproofness, windproofness, or breathability of your GORE-TEX® product, then Gore will repair it, replace it, or refund your purchase price.
WHAT IS GORE-TEX® FABRIC?
Routine care and maintenance of GORE-TEX® products will ensure excellent performance and extend their useful lifespan.
HOW TO CARE FOR OUTERWEAR
- Machine wash warm (105°F) with a small amount of mild liquid detergent; rinse twice.
- Line dry or tumble dry on warm, gentle cycle. Once dry, tumble dry for 20 minutes more to reactivate the DWR treatment. If unable to tumble dry, iron on gentle setting (warm, no steam) by placing a cloth between the garment and iron.
- The heat of the dryer or iron will reactivate and revitalize the DWR treatment on the garment’s surface.
- Home laundering is recommended; however, product may also be dry cleaned. If dry cleaning, request cleaner use clear distilled hydrocarbon solvent for rinsing.
HOW TO CARE FOR GLOVES
- Handwash warm with mild detergent; rinse thoroughly.
- Wrap in a dry towel and gently squeeze from fingertips down.
- Air dry. When partially dry, put them on and make a fist to restore their original shape.
HOW TO CARE FOR FOOTWEAR
- Clean leather footwear with a soft brush and lukewarm water; use a sponge for textile footwear.
- Use a water-based care product to wash the upper without affecting breathability.
- Air dry.
TREAT ME RIGHT!
While the GORE-TEX® membrane inside the fabric layers is permanently waterproof, the DWR treatment will wear off over time. When this happens, it is necessary to treat the garment with a topical water repellency restorative (DWR treatment) such as Nikwax T.X. Direct which can be purchased online or at Peter Glenn stores.
That’s it. Just follow the manufacturer's recommended care instructions, and your GORE-TEX® products will be ready when you are.