7-15-14 Web Content Assistant (Full-Time Position)
Peter Glenn has a full-time opening for a Content Assistant on our Ecommerce Team. We're looking for a talented person to assist in executing merchandising strategy on PeterGlenn.com. You'll be part of a growing team, and you'll be able to contribute your own ideas and suggestions and see them brought to fruition.
The Web Content Assistant is responsible for enhancing the customer experience on PeterGlenn.com. He/she will support the content team by preparing merchandise for photo and video, obtaining informational materials, and entering product spec data into our website. The Web Content Assistant will also review site content for consistency and accuracy, and make recommendations for new content and changes. The Web Content Assistant will work with the Merchandising Manager to organize products on our website and correct errors. This person is expected to become extremely familiar with our products, and will need to develop in-depth knowledge of all product categories. This position entails a good deal of data entry.
This is a full-time position, with regular office hours. If you are a student nearing graduation, we may be able to be flexible with hours. Please don't hesitate to apply.
Benefits include a great team environment, paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, health care, & 401K. You also get great discounts on top brands like Burton, Spyder, and The North Face.
- Enter product spec data for products on PeterGlenn.com
- Research & log website errors
- Make any necessary edits to website
- Assist photography dept with photo shoots & gathering merchandise
- Retrieve/return merchandise for photos and videos from/to warehouse
- Steam clothing in preparation for photo/video
- Contact vendors to obtain catalogs and informational materials
- Record scripts for voice-over product videos
- Assist with maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Assist with merchandising products via cross promotion and categorization
- Ensure applicable information is archived for future needs and reference
- Various admin tasks as assigned
- Associate's degree in communications, marketing, digital media, or a related field, or two years related experience
- Strong written and spoken communications skills, including rules of grammar
- Great attention to detail and unyielding consistency
- Smart, creative, driven, and able to deliver results quickly
Tell us about yourself! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume & cover letter. Please don't forget your cover letter! Because this position requires good communication skills, we cannot consider applicants who do not submit one.